This Amazon patent lists Jeff Bezos as an inventor and is directed towards method and system for conducting a discussion relating to an item. Mr. Bezos was awarded U.S. Patent 6525747 entitled “Method and system for conducting a discussion relating to an item” on February 25, 2003. The utility patent has been cited 192 times by other U.S. patents in the field of it methods for management and in other fields.
A method and system for conducting an electronic discussion relating to a topic. The discussion system of the present invention receives a selection of an item that is to be the topic of the discussion. The discussion system then receives comments relating to the selected item and generates a message that includes a description of the selected item and the received comments. The discussion system then sends the generated message to participants of the discussion. The discussion system receives from a participant who received the generated message additional comments that are to be added to the generated message. The discussion system sends the generated message along with received additional comments to the participants of the discussion. Link: U.S. Patent 6525747
Amazon filed this utility patent on August 2, 1999 giving it a processing time of 1303 days (compared to an average processing time of 1599 in the field). They have a total number of 158 patents. The first named inventor is Jeffrey P. Bezos of Seattle, WA. The patent was allowed by primary examiner Kristine Kincaid and assistant examiner Thomas T. Nguyen.
Select Patents researches top it methods for management patents and electrical engineering patents which have been allowed and granted worldwide. Click here for more information about filing a design patent. If you would like legal advice regarding a patent or would like to file a patent go to https://selectpatents.com/contact/
Select Patents provides a variety of services. We want you to develop an effective and efficient patent protection strategy. These services include:
- Patentability Searches – Determine the patentability of your inventions.
- Freedom to Operate Searches & Opinions – Identify patents may give you potential infringement issues (including in the it methods for management field).
- Non-Infringement Opinions – Determine if your product infringes a competitor’s patent.
- Patent Invalidity Searches & Opinions – Find prior art to invalidate a competitor’s patent.
- U.S. Provisional Patent Applications – Receive cost-effective “patent pending” status for your invention.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Applications (Utility) – Apply for patent protection on the structural and functional aspects of your invention.
- U.S. Design Patent Applications – Apply for patent protection on the ornamental appearance of your invention.