This Amazon patent lists Jeff Bezos as an inventor and is directed towards charging an electronic device including traversing at least a portion of a path with an apparatus. Mr. Bezos was awarded U.S. Patent 8736228 entitled “Charging an electronic device including traversing at least a portion of a path with an apparatus” on May 27, 2014. The utility patent has been cited 26 times by other U.S. patents in the field of electrical machinery, apparatus, energy and in other fields.
A robotic device can provide power management and other functionality for various electronic devices. An electronic device and the robotic device can communicate information such as device charge level, relative position and rate of power consumption and can determine an appropriate time at which the robotic device should cause the electronic device to be charged, either by charging the device directly or transporting the device to an appropriate charger. The robotic device can also cause other functions to be performed as well, such as to enable high-bandwidth data transfer or perform resource-intensive activities when in communication with the electronic device. The robotic device can transport the electronic device to specific locations or to specific users, or as otherwise appropriate. Link: U.S. Patent 8736228
Amazon filed this utility patent on December 20, 2010 giving it a processing time of 1254 days (compared to an average processing time of 1038 in the field). They have a total number of 6869 patents. The first named inventor is Jeffrey P. Bezos of Seattle, WA. The patent was allowed by primary examiner Yalkew Fantu and assistant examiner Manuel Hernandez.
Select Patents researches top electrical machinery, apparatus, energy patents and electrical engineering patents which have been allowed and granted worldwide. Click here for more information about filing a design patent. If you would like legal advice regarding a patent or would like to file a patent go to https://selectpatents.wpengine.com/contact/
Select Patents provides a variety of services. We want you to develop an effective and efficient patent protection strategy. These services include:
- Patentability Searches – Determine the patentability of your inventions.
- Freedom to Operate Searches & Opinions – Identify patents may give you potential infringement issues (including in the electrical machinery, apparatus, energy field).
- Non-Infringement Opinions – Determine if your product infringes a competitor’s patent.
- Patent Invalidity Searches & Opinions – Find prior art to invalidate a competitor’s patent.
- U.S. Provisional Patent Applications – Receive cost-effective “patent pending” status for your invention.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Applications (Utility) – Apply for patent protection on the structural and functional aspects of your invention.
- U.S. Design Patent Applications – Apply for patent protection on the ornamental appearance of your invention.