This Amazon patent lists Jeff Bezos as an inventor and is directed towards user interfaces and methods for facilitating user-to-user sales. Mr. Bezos was awarded U.S. Patent 7472077 entitled “User interfaces and methods for facilitating user-to-user sales” on December 30, 2008. The utility patent has been cited 20 times by other U.S. patents in the field of it methods for management and in other fields.
An electronic marketplace system embodies various inventions for assisting users in listing products for sale, locating the listings for a product, and performing related actions. A user wishing to sell a product can browse to an existing description of the product in an electronic catalog and then select an option to create a corresponding listing. If the user previously purchased the product via the system, the user may alternatively select the product from a personal purchase history. To create the listing for the selected product, the user preferably specifies the product’s condition and a selling price. The pending listings for a product are preferably displayed or summarized on the product’s detail page in the catalog. When no such listings exist, an option to preorder the product from an unspecified seller may be provided. In one embodiment, the electronic catalog also serves as a retail sales catalog of a merchant. Link: U.S. Patent 7472077
Amazon filed this utility patent on May 9, 2002 giving it a processing time of 2427 days (compared to an average processing time of 2552 in the field). They have a total number of 158 patents. The first named inventor is Jeffrey P. Bezos of Seattle, WA. The patent was allowed by primary examiner Andrew Joseph Rudy and examiner .
Select Patents researches top it methods for management patents and electrical engineering patents which have been allowed and granted worldwide. Click here for more information about filing a design patent. If you would like legal advice regarding a patent or would like to file a patent go to https://selectpatents.com/contact/
Select Patents provides a variety of services. We want you to develop an effective and efficient patent protection strategy. These services include:
- Patentability Searches – Determine the patentability of your inventions.
- Freedom to Operate Searches & Opinions – Identify patents may give you potential infringement issues (including in the it methods for management field).
- Non-Infringement Opinions – Determine if your product infringes a competitor’s patent.
- Patent Invalidity Searches & Opinions – Find prior art to invalidate a competitor’s patent.
- U.S. Provisional Patent Applications – Receive cost-effective “patent pending” status for your invention.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Applications (Utility) – Apply for patent protection on the structural and functional aspects of your invention.
- U.S. Design Patent Applications – Apply for patent protection on the ornamental appearance of your invention.