This Armco patent lists Jeff Bezos as an inventor and is directed towards error processing methods for providing responsive content to a user when a page load error occurs. Mr. Bezos was awarded U.S. Patent 7325045 entitled “Error processing methods for providing responsive content to a user when a page load error occurs” on January 29, 2008. The utility patent has been cited 39 times by other U.S. patents in the field of computer technology and in other fields.
A client component runs on a user computer in conjunction with a web browser and detects errors, such as but not limited to “404: page not found” errors, in which a requested web page or other object cannot be displayed. In response to detecting the error, the client component notifies an error processing server, which uses the URL of the failed request to identify an alternate object to display. The alternate object may, for example, be (a) an object retrieved from replacement URL, or from a URL that is otherwise related to the requested object, (b) a cached version of the requested object, (c) an object retrieved from a closely matching URL found in the user’s clickstream history, or (d) a dynamically generated page that includes links to one or more of the foregoing types of alternate objects. Also disclosed are methods for identifying alternate objects for a given URL. Link: U.S. Patent 7325045
Armco filed this utility patent on August 5, 2003 giving it a processing time of 1638 days (compared to an average processing time of 2228 in the field). They have a total number of 568 patents. The first named inventor is Jeffrey P. Bezos of Seattle, WA. The patent was allowed by primary examiner Joseph E. Avellino and examiner .
Select Patents researches top computer technology patents and electrical engineering patents which have been allowed and granted worldwide. Click here for more information about filing a design patent. If you would like legal advice regarding a patent or would like to file a patent go to https://selectpatents.com/contact/
Select Patents provides a variety of services. We want you to develop an effective and efficient patent protection strategy. These services include:
- Patentability Searches – Determine the patentability of your inventions.
- Freedom to Operate Searches & Opinions – Identify patents may give you potential infringement issues (including in the computer technology field).
- Non-Infringement Opinions – Determine if your product infringes a competitor’s patent.
- Patent Invalidity Searches & Opinions – Find prior art to invalidate a competitor’s patent.
- U.S. Provisional Patent Applications – Receive cost-effective “patent pending” status for your invention.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Applications (Utility) – Apply for patent protection on the structural and functional aspects of your invention.
- U.S. Design Patent Applications – Apply for patent protection on the ornamental appearance of your invention.