This Apple patent lists Steve Jobs as an inventor and is directed towards clasp. Mr. Jobs was awarded U.S. Patent D577990 entitled “Clasp” on October 7, 2008. The design patent has been cited 50 times by other U.S. patents in the field of tools and hardware and in other fields.
Link: U.S. Patent D577990
Apple filed this design patent on March 28, 2006 giving it a processing time of 924 days (compared to an average processing time of 546 in the field). They have a total number of 15027 patents. The first named inventor is Steve P. Jobs of Palo Alto, CA. The patent was allowed by assistant examiner John Windmuller and primary examiner Robert M. Spear.
Select Patents researches top tools and hardware patents and design patents which have been allowed and granted worldwide. Click here for more information about filing a design patent. If you would like legal advice regarding a patent or would like to file a patent go to https://selectpatents.com/contact/
Select Patents provides a variety of services. We want you to develop an effective and efficient patent protection strategy. These services include:
- Patentability Searches – Determine the patentability of your inventions.
- Freedom to Operate Searches & Opinions – Identify patents may give you potential infringement issues (including in the tools and hardware field).
- Non-Infringement Opinions – Determine if your product infringes a competitor’s patent.
- Patent Invalidity Searches & Opinions – Find prior art to invalidate a competitor’s patent.
- U.S. Provisional Patent Applications – Receive cost-effective “patent pending” status for your invention.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Applications (Utility) – Apply for patent protection on the structural and functional aspects of your invention.
- U.S. Design Patent Applications – Apply for patent protection on the ornamental appearance of your invention.