This Facebook patent lists Mark Zuckerberg as an inventor and is directed towards social advertisements and other informational messages on a social networking website, and advertising model for same. Mr. Zuckerberg was awarded U.S. Patent 8799068 entitled “Social advertisements and other informational messages on a social networking website, and advertising model for same” on August 5, 2014. The utility patent has been cited 5 times by other U.S. patents in the field of it methods for management and in other fields.
A social networking website logs information about actions taken by members of the website. For a particular member of the website, the website generates socially relevant ads for the member based on the actions logged for other members on the website to whom the member is connected (i.e., the member’s online friends). The advertiser associated with the social ad may compensate the social networking website for publishing the ad on the website. When presenting a member with a social ad, the website may optimize advertising revenue by selecting an ad from the received ads that will maximize the expected value of the social ad. The expected value may be computed according to a function that includes the member’s affinity for the ad content and the bid amount. The technique is also applied for providing socially relevant information off the social networking website. Link: U.S. Patent 8799068
Facebook filed this utility patent on August 18, 2008 giving it a processing time of 2178 days (compared to an average processing time of 1470 in the field). They have a total number of 2008 patents. The first named inventor is Mark E. Zuckerberg of Palo Alto, CA. The patent was allowed by primary examiner Matthew T Sittner and examiner .
Select Patents researches top it methods for management patents and electrical engineering patents which have been allowed and granted worldwide. Click here for more information about filing a design patent. If you would like legal advice regarding a patent or would like to file a patent go to https://selectpatents.com/contact/
Select Patents provides a variety of services. We want you to develop an effective and efficient patent protection strategy. These services include:
- Patentability Searches – Determine the patentability of your inventions.
- Freedom to Operate Searches & Opinions – Identify patents may give you potential infringement issues (including in the it methods for management field).
- Non-Infringement Opinions – Determine if your product infringes a competitor’s patent.
- Patent Invalidity Searches & Opinions – Find prior art to invalidate a competitor’s patent.
- U.S. Provisional Patent Applications – Receive cost-effective “patent pending” status for your invention.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Applications (Utility) – Apply for patent protection on the structural and functional aspects of your invention.
- U.S. Design Patent Applications – Apply for patent protection on the ornamental appearance of your invention.