This Hyundai Motor patent directed towards a headlamp for automobiles has been rated one of the most influential design patents in the field of lighting apparatus. Hyundai Motor Company was awarded U.S. Patent D635694 entitled “Headlamp for automobiles” on April 5, 2011. The patent has been cited 121 times by other U.S. patents, which places it among the most cited design patents awarded since 2010 according to our law firm research.
Link: U.S. Patent D635694
Hyundai Motor filed this patent on November 9, 2009 giving it a processing time of 512 days (compared to an average processing time of 357 in the field). They have a total number of 6402 patents. The first named inventor is Jeong Gyu Yang of Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do. The patent was allowed by primary examiner Marcus A Jackson.
Select Patents researches top lighting apparatus patents and design patents which have been allowed and granted worldwide. Click here for more information about filing a design patent. If you would like legal advice regarding a patent or would like to file a patent go to https://selectpatents.com/contact/
Select Patents provides a variety of services. We want you to develop an effective and efficient patent protection strategy. These services include:
- Patentability Searches – Determine the patentability of your inventions.
- Freedom to Operate Searches & Opinions – Identify patents may give you potential infringement issues (including in the lighting apparatus field).
- Non-Infringement Opinions – Determine if your product infringes a competitor’s patent.
- Patent Invalidity Searches & Opinions – Find prior art to invalidate a competitor’s patent.
- “Patent Fence” Strategies Against Competitors – Patent potential improvements to your competitors’ products to prevent them from improving their technology – and provide you with counter-ammunition if a competitor should attempt to enforce a patent against your company.
- Patent Avoidance Product Redesign Services – If your product infringes on a patent, you can redesign the product to avoid infringing on a competitor’s patent and thereby potentially avoid costly litigation and/or post grant proceedings.
- U.S. Provisional Patent Applications – Receive cost-effective “patent pending” status for your invention.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Applications (Utility) – Apply for patent protection on the structural and functional aspects of your invention.
- U.S. Design Patent Applications – Apply for patent protection on the ornamental appearance of your invention.
- PCT International Patent Applications – Apply for international patent protection for your invention.
- Foreign Patent Protection – We work with foreign legal professionals worldwide to protect your foreign patent rights.