This Amazon patent lists Jeff Bezos as an inventor and is directed towards approaches for device location and communication. Mr. Bezos was awarded U.S. Patent 8447070 entitled “Approaches for device location and communication” on May 21, 2013. The utility patent has been cited 11 times by other U.S. patents in the field of furniture, games and in other fields.
An electronic device can utilize image capture technology to detect the presence and location of another device. Using this information, the electronic device can display, in a user interface, a graphical element representing a detected device, along with identity information and the location of the detected device relative to the electronic device. The location of each detected device relative to the electronic device can be tracked and thus the graphical element can be updated in the user interface. Link: U.S. Patent 8447070
Amazon filed this utility patent on April 19, 2010 giving it a processing time of 1128 days (compared to an average processing time of 1086 in the field). They have a total number of 6869 patents. The first named inventor is Jeffrey P. Bezos of Seattle, WA. The patent was allowed by primary examiner Claire X Wang and assistant examiner Shervin Nakhjavan.
Select Patents researches top furniture, games patents and other fields patents which have been allowed and granted worldwide. Click here for more information about filing a design patent. If you would like legal advice regarding a patent or would like to file a patent go to https://selectpatents.com/contact/
Select Patents provides a variety of services. We want you to develop an effective and efficient patent protection strategy. These services include:
- Patentability Searches – Determine the patentability of your inventions.
- Freedom to Operate Searches & Opinions – Identify patents may give you potential infringement issues (including in the furniture, games field).
- Non-Infringement Opinions – Determine if your product infringes a competitor’s patent.
- Patent Invalidity Searches & Opinions – Find prior art to invalidate a competitor’s patent.
- U.S. Provisional Patent Applications – Receive cost-effective “patent pending” status for your invention.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Applications (Utility) – Apply for patent protection on the structural and functional aspects of your invention.
- U.S. Design Patent Applications – Apply for patent protection on the ornamental appearance of your invention.