This Google patent lists Larry Page (Lawrence E. Page) as an inventor and is directed towards method for searching media. Mr. Page was awarded U.S. Patent 7437351 entitled “Method for searching media” on October 14, 2008. The utility patent has been cited 69 times by other U.S. patents in the field of computer technology and in other fields.
The present invention is directed to a computer-implemented method and apparatus for searching in response to Internet-based search queries using a search engine and an electronic database. According to one example embodiment of the present invention, data sets representing published items are input, for example, scanned-in or sent electronically, and stored in a searchable database. Each data set includes text from at least one published item. Responsive to the search query, a search engine searches for and identifies relevant web pages and data sets representing published items and, in a more specific embodiment, ranked characterizations are returned for the relevant web pages and published items. An electronic path can be provided with the published item for accessing further information about the published item. In one embodiment, the electronic path is a hyperlink from a characterization of a relevant published item to a more complete electronic representation of the relevant published item. Publishers provide authorization to display copyrighted materials through a permission protocol. Link: U.S. Patent 7437351
Google filed this utility patent on September 30, 2003 giving it a processing time of 1841 days (compared to an average processing time of 1594 in the field). They have a total number of 15211 patents. The first named inventor is Lawrence E. Page of Palo Alto, CA. The patent was allowed by assistant examiner Brent Stace and primary examiner Apu Mofiz.
Select Patents researches top computer technology patents and electrical engineering patents which have been allowed and granted worldwide. Click here for more information about filing a design patent. If you would like legal advice regarding a patent or would like to file a patent go to https://selectpatents.wpengine.com/contact/
Select Patents provides a variety of services. We want you to develop an effective and efficient patent protection strategy. These services include:
- Patentability Searches – Determine the patentability of your inventions.
- Freedom to Operate Searches & Opinions – Identify patents may give you potential infringement issues (including in the computer technology field).
- Non-Infringement Opinions – Determine if your product infringes a competitor’s patent.
- Patent Invalidity Searches & Opinions – Find prior art to invalidate a competitor’s patent.
- U.S. Provisional Patent Applications – Receive cost-effective “patent pending” status for your invention.
- U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Applications (Utility) – Apply for patent protection on the structural and functional aspects of your invention.
- U.S. Design Patent Applications – Apply for patent protection on the ornamental appearance of your invention.